Friday 23 March 2007

Derek is willing to eat what?!!

I honestly wish I had the chance to take photos cause really no one is ever going to believe me but last night I was in the mood for some Japanese so I convinced Derek to come with me to this great restaurant in Dublin called Aya.
Aya is a fantastic place, it has a conveyor belt sushi bar and you pay per plate of what you take off. I love it. just the complete difference of eating there and at any other basically boring restaurant.
Anyhow, we had to wait for a few minutes for a spot at the bar and I took the time to prepare Derek for the experience. They server chicken and sesame beef and noodles so he had loads to choose from and I could pick what I wanted ie. raw fish off the belt as well. Perfect and so by the time our spot was ready Derek knew exactly what to do.
And he was up for the challenge, from the fine attempt at eating everything with his chopsticks to his openness to everything passing by him on the bar, the next thing I knew he had a sushi roll in his mouth. The very proud look on his face was crushed when I told him what he at was chicken, but he believe he was at a point of no return so when I picked a plate of sashimi salmon off the belt who was the first to dig in, Derek! Honestly, good for him, her tried and tied again but at the end of the night admitted that it wasn't somewhere he'd ask to come back too but if, in a few moths, I wanted to come he wouldn't refuse.
THIS IS PROGRESS!!!

No comments: