Friday 18 November 2011

Where the H-E-double hockey sticks have you been?

Dear Internet,

I’ve been finding it difficult to write here for the last 10 weeks – yes 10 weeks pretty much exactly!


Shortly after we returned home from the cruise holiday in early September I knew something just wasn’t right with me. Actually I had figured that something was ‘off’ while we were away. I was just hoping that whatever it was would stay away long enough for us to return to Ireland. There was one night when I was in the bathroom of our cabin praying that whatever it was it wouldn’t get any worse.

I can’t explain how I felt other than to say I just wasn’t myself, in some ways I was sure I was sick and it wasn’t going to be good news. The whole trip all I wanted to do was sit by the pool and go to sleep at 8pm. Derek was annoyed, he wanted to have fun, to say out late, to drink lots. I just wanted to go to bed. Something wasn’t right.

When we returned home I went back to work on the Monday – again feeling sure that I just wasn’t me. On Tuesday morning I took a pregnancy test and then I felt even worse.

I really don’t want to go into too much personal detail here but just know that I wasn’t sure what to believe anymore and there was no movie like moment of yeah – we’re pregnant!!

Instead on Tuesday there was a day at the Hospital, another on Thursday and a few scans since then.

Looking back now it’s been a long road but we’re still on it. Just shy of 15 weeks we’ll be expecting a new addition to the family in mid-May – the cat has no idea what’s going to happen.

It’s going to be brilliant!

Hope that helps you understand where I’ve been hiding. I’ll be around more now. :)

Alison

No comments: